Sunday, January 03, 2010

Hello world in 2010

Hello world,

I just looked at the timeline of my posts and realised it's been nearly a year since I posted anything of value on my blog. I must admit I'm guilty of neglecting my blogging skills(or lack of thereof). My life has been consumed with work, and nothing of note during weekends... and that's the god awful truth. I wish things were a bit different though; which is why I've decided to take it upon myself to become more active on the blogging scene. So here's a promise I hope to keep for as long as I can.

In the last 8 months(since I've blogged), a lot of things have happened in my life; I had to switch two jobs out of compulsion, saw my ego slip and slide during the GFC and the subsequent inopportune timing of my redundancy and then to the prospect of going into Christmas 2009 without a job. Thankfully, my guardian angels(whoever you are, thank you) and powers that be up in the sky, decided to take pity on my plight and got me back on track. I'm now much relieved, that I have a job that keeps me on my toes 9 to 5 on weekdays and helps me realise the value of weekends; when I can catch up on lost sleep; laze around doing nothing or better still, burn little holes in my pockets whenever something worth buying catches my fancy.

I've been in the mood for a long post for quite some time. However, I find that without an occasional kick on the bum, I am hardly motivated to do stuff like this lately. As a goodwill gesture, I finally came up with the decision to gift my guitar to an old friend... seeing as I couldn't be bothered to collect it from him after years of safe-keeping by the latter. I feel it will be most useful in his hands and that he will take good care of it. As for me, well, I guess if I'm that bored, I just might go out and get myself a new guitar sometime in the near future. For all these things to happen however, I need to move to a new place... preferably someplace bigger and better. I've got home-ownership on my mind this year, and hopefully that ambition will bear fruit as long as I engage in frugality and maximise my savings.

Gosh, what a long personal post! I shall stop for now... so until next time, it's ciao from my end.

1 comment:

Amrutha said...

Hey!! Just saw ur post...and ur comment on FB... May your endeavour bear success and may you keep blogging through this year at least! ;-)