Sunday, March 25, 2007

The day Indian cricket died a horrible death!

I'm back after a long hiatus... its been more than 3 months since I added a post in. Given the the current circumstances, I thought it best to write an obituary about the black day of gloom that befell upon every hot-blooded Indian cricket fan.

India's now "most definite" exit from the world cup has now ignited new events and rumours. Crazy fans were seen shedding crocodile tears as they carried 10 players on stretchers to demonstrate a funeral procession for the Indian cricket team. Greg Chappell admits in his interview here that he's now afraid for his life.

While Indian sports fanatics are known for their glorified over-excesses of emotion over a loss in a cricket match, I think Chappell has every right to fear for his life. He bloody well should! In the last 2 years as coach of the Indian team, he has ably led a "Divide and rule" policy whereby players are handled more by the rule of the fist and threats of ouster from the team. Dravid and he can now claim the ultimate victory in having successfully ruined the team morale and balance of this Indian side.

This is possibly the worst swan-song for the likes of Ganguly, Dravid and Tendulkar. I doubt if the three will be in contention for the 2011 world cup. I too doubt my commitment to watching a decent cricket match after an abyssmal performance of this calibre. Now, only a few months away from gaining australian citizenship; I'm faced with a tough choice; to support my australian team ; a bunch of thorough-bred albiet arrogant and foul-mouthed professionals or give up my liking for the game altogether. Going by my dilemma, it appears that the latter will appeal to me more.

2 comments:

Amrutha said...

Hey!!
I agree with all that you have said and the way things are going, I will be giving up my love for the game pretty soon. :-(

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.