Saturday, November 04, 2006

Ten thousand doggy dreams on a silver platter

Today more than ever, I feel compelled to write about my beloved pet dog, the late Kenny; who a little over 12 years ago lit up my family's and my life with his sheer cuteness and utter chaotic presence. Bringing him home(which was again, much against the wishes of my mother) was one of the happiest days of my life.

Never before had I felt the joy of having found something so living, so precious and so innocent and sinless as him. As the years went by, he filled our hearts with much joy and happiness and left a big void when he left us.

Lately, a trip down to the local pet-store fills me with such contrasting emotions. On the one hand, the very sight of pets fills me with joy and by the same token, a fleeting sadness sweeps across me... a sense of loss of something that meant so much to me.

Dear Kenny, I hope you're safe and happy in doggy heaven, doing all those things that you couldn't do down here on earth. Know this ; that you are loved and missed by all of us.

No comments: